Thursday, March 17, 2005

Staples 4 drawer filing cabinet

If you ever need to buy a filing cabinet - go to Staples and check out their own brand. The construction quality is great compared to the others, and it's around $20 cheaper.
The sliders are rock solid compared to the others. The test I was doing when choosing one was to pull out the top drawer all the way, then see how much up and down movement you could make. The Staples brand has virtually none.
Another thing I noticed about the stores I visited was that none of them had filing cabinets in stock, you had to order them on the web (they don't even seem to do actual orders either!), so I went home and ordered it on the internet. Free shipping, it arrived a few days later.
I also need a fire safe, but those things are heavy! So I'm going to order that online too. Let someone else lug it around.